Upgrading and How to completely remove ICFiles Express
Following these steps, if you are upgrading and after upgrading, Express gives you a blank screen.
- You should be able to use the program navigation on the blank screen.
- Go to Account/Exit ICFiles Express/Exit and Log Out
- Re-open program
- If this does not solve your issue, follow the instructions below.
These instructions are for people who want to remove Express, have issues installing and uninstalling Express on the same computer, or have problems after moving the default Auto Upload folder system.
- If you are logged into Express, Exit, or "Exit and Sign Out" (closing is not enough, you need to exit)
- Go to "Programs and Features" in Windows Control Panel and uninstall ICFiles Express.
- Navigate to your Windows username, then the "AppData" folder, then "Local," and delete everything inside the Service2client folder - including all folders.
- AppData is considered a hidden location, so to find it, you must manually type "\AppData\" into the Windows Explorer URL bar after your Windows Username. "C:\Users\S2CAdmin\AppData\" In this example, S2CAdmin is the Window Username.
- The final location is here C:\Users\S2CAdmin\AppData\Local\Service2Client. Delete all the files in this location.
- Search your computer (including all of your attached disks) for folder names "_ICF_Auto_Upload" and delete all of them and their subfolders.
- Now reinstall Express
When steps 2 and 3 are done, this is like you just installed them for the first time.