What Is Whitelisting?
Email Notices, Transactional Emails, and Email newsletters often end up accidentally being sent to the spam folder in your email, even though you signed up for them! To avoid this, you must "whitelist" the sender's IP address, domain, or email address. The whitelisting process is different for each email provider and email program.
**The number one action you can take, which is the easiest, is to simply add the email address to your contact list in whatever email service you use.
For Service2Client customers
The solution is to tell your email program (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.) that mail from icfiles.com, cpass.us, and service2client.com is not spam. You need to add the email notice or newsletter sender's email address to a "whitelist." The method varies slightly depending on which email provider or program you use.
How To Whitelist ICFiles and CPA Email Newsletter
Find your email service or client and click the link to get to the instructions below. You need to whitelist the following email addresses.
ICFiles Email Notice: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or *@icfiles.com
Newsletter sender: firstname.lastname@example.org or *@cpass.us
Business Emails: email@example.com or *@service2client.com
If you're looking for a better email service that your current provider, please consider Service2Client's secure encrypted & private email service
Always Whitelist Important Emails In Your Spam/Junk Mail Folder
If you find an important email in your spam folder that is not spam, always take a moment to mark it as "not spam" or "not junk" this automatically lets your email program add the sender to the whitelist.
Configure your email service or client from this list:
How to Whitelist Gmail:
- First, if you find an email from service2client.com, icfiles.com, or cpass.us in your Gmail spam folder, select our email and click the "Not Spam" button
- Next, open an email that you have received from us
- Click on the little down-pointing-triangle-arrow next to "Reply":
- Click "Add firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org to the Contacts list"
If the above does not work, Gmail has an overly aggressive spam filter and will block legitimate emails.
- Go to the Settings Gear Icon, then All Settings/Filters and Blocked Addresses
- Create a new filter
- Add your blocked email address to the From: field
- Add your email address to the To: field
- Click Next
- Choose "Never send it to Spam."
- Click Create Filter.
How to Whitelist Yahoo Email / How to Whitelist SBCGobal Emal / How to Whitelist ATT.net Email:
You must set up a "filter," but first:
- If you find an email from email@example.com in your "Yahoo! bulk" folder, open the email and click "Not Spam."
- If you find mail from firstname.lastname@example.org in your "Blocked Addresses" list in "Settings," select the email and click "Remove Block."
Now to create the filter:
- Open Yahoo! Mail, click on the Gear, and select "Settings" in the upper right-hand corner or the "More More" icon in the Navbar.
- Select "Filters" (in the bottom left corner), or select "Filter Emails Like This..."
- On the Filters page, click "Add."
- Select the "From header:" rule, add "contains," and add "icfiles.com."
- Click the "Choose Folder" pull-down menu and select "Inbox."
- Pick the Add Filter button or "Save."
How to Whitelist AOL.com Email:
You must add email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to your AOL address book as follows:
- Search for an email from us in the Spam folder. If you find an email in the Spam folder, then open it and click the "Not Spam" button.
- Click the Contacts link (or open your AOL Address Book)
- Click the +New button.
- In the New Contact window, email@example.com into the 'Primary Email 1' field.
- Click Another email, and enter firstname.lastname@example.org into the Email 2 address
- Click "Create"
How to Whitelist AOL Email Clients:
New Subscribers: add the "From address" to your AOL address book:
- Click the Mail menu and select Address Book.
- Wait for the "Address Book" window to pop up, then click the Add button.
- Wait for the "Address Card for New Contact" window to load.
- Once loaded, cut and paste the From email address into the "Other Email" field.
- Make our From address the "Primary Email" address by checking the corresponding checkbox.
- Click the Save button.
Existing Subscribers: If you are already a subscriber but aren't getting through, the email may be in your AOL Spam Folder. Open web mail and look in your Spam Folder. If you find our email in your spam folder, open it and click the "This Is Not Spam" button. Then add the "From address" onto your Address Book as outlined in the "New Subscribers" instructions above.
How to Whitelist Office 365:
We receive automated emails from a domain other than the one we use for staff, and some of these emails were getting misidentified as spam and moved to people's Junk Email folders in Outlook. So we needed to whitelist the domain so any emails originating from there would bypass the spam filter.
- In the Exchange admin center, click on Mail Flow.
- Next, create a new rule by clicking on the + icon and clicking Bypass spam filtering…
- Select on the *Apply this rule if… for The sender… domain is
- Add the domain you wish to whitelist plus any additional domains you also want to whitelist.
- Select Stop Processing more rules and then click Save.
How to Whitelist Hotmail/Outlook.com:
Outlookdotcom is notorious for failed delivery of legitimate emails.
You must add email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to your "Safe List" as follows:
- First, if you find an email from icfiles.com in your Hotmail junk folder, open the email and click "Not Junk"
- Next, check if icfiles.com appears in the "Blocked Senders" list. If so, select it and click on the "Remove" button.
- Next, if you do not see your missing email in Junk, then click Settings
- At the bottom of Settings, click "View all Outlook Settings."
- Go to Mail/Junk Email/Safe Senders and Domains"
- Copy and paste email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org where it says "+ Add"
- Click the "Return," then add another.
- Repeat steps 6. and 7. for email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, or any other email you are not receiving
How to Whitelist Microsoft Outlook Desktop:
- On the Tools menu, click Options
- On the Preferences tab, click Junk Email
- On the Safe Senders tab, click Add
- Add email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org where it says "Add address."
- Add email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org in the same way.
- Click OK
How to Whitelist CenturyLink Email:
How can I ensure that messages from a specific email address are not considered spam?
Double-click the product icon at the bottom right corner of your screen to open the product. You can also do this through the Spam Control menu button (in Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, or Windows Mail) or by right-clicking the system tray icon. You can add, edit or remove individual email addresses or whole domains to your allowed sender's list. For example, if you add *@example.com to your allowed sender's list, all email messages from the example.com domain are allowed. To allow notifications from specific email addresses, follow the instructions below.To edit your list of trusted email addresses:
Choose one of the following actions.To add a new email address:
- On the main page, click Settings.
- Select Internet > Email filtering.
- Click Allow senders. The Allow senders settings page opens.
To edit an email address:
- Click Add. The Add sender/domain dialog box opens.
- In the Address field, enter the email address or domain name you want to allow email messages. You can add a short description for the new address in the Description field.
- Click OK. The new email address is now shown on your allowed sender list.
To remove an email address from the allowed sender's list:
- Select the email address you want to edit in the list and click Edit. The Edit sender/domain dialog box opens.
- Edit the selected email address, and click OK.
- In the list, select the email address you want to remove
- Select Remove. The email address is removed from the list.
How to Whitelist McAfee SaaS Email / How to Whitelist MXLogic.net
When sending an email to a McAfee SaaS Email Protection client, the sender receives the bounce-back message "554 Denied."
The error message "554 Denied" means we have rejected the message as spam. This is either due to the content of the message or the reputation of the sending IP address.
Host domain.com.inbound15.mxlogic.net[126.96.36.199] said: 554 Denied (Mode: normal) (in reply to end of DATA command)
For McAfee SaaS Customers, please do one or more of the following:
- Place the sending domain on the User or Domain-Level allow list in the Control Console. Please refer to Adding to Domain-level Sender Allow List for instructions on this.
- Send a copy of the message to SaaS_falsepositives@mcafeesubmissions.com. The sender could obtain a copy from their Sent Items folder if the message were blocked. Notes to this address are not filtered for spam, and all submissions are accepted.
- Copy full Message Audit Details showing the 554 Denied response from the Control Console and supply this in an email with a subject of "False Positive" to SaaS_falsepositives@mcafeesubmissions.com.
- Open a service request with McAfee SaaS Technical Support so we may investigate the cause of this issue and possibly reset the filter, causing messages to be denied.
For senders who are not McAfee SaaS Email Protection customers, please do one or more of the following:
- Contact the intended recipient and ask them to add the sending address or domain to their allow list.
- Contact the intended recipient and ask them to open a service request with McAfee SaaS Technical Support to review the message as a false positive.
- Send a copy of the message with the original headers to SaaS_falsepositives@mcafeesubmissions.com. Messages to this address are not filtered for spam, and all submissions are accepted.
How to Whitelist Mimecast:
How to Whitelist Mozilla Thunderbird:
You need to add us to your address book and set the Junk Mail Controls to whitelist your address book.
- First, check your Junk folder. If you find an email from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, right-click on our email and choose "Mark as Not Junk"
- Next, click the "Address Book" button
- Highlight the Personal Address Book (left column)
- Click on "New Contact"
- In the "Contact" tab, set "Email" to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Set "Additional Email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click "Ok" and close the Address Book
- From the main Thunderbird menu, choose "Tools > Account Settings."
- For each email account, expand the settings and choose "Junk Settings" from the expanded account settings.
- Ensure "Personal Address Book" is checked under "Do not mark the mail as junk if the sender is in:"
- Once you have done this for each email account, click OK.
How to Whitelist Comcast Email:
- Sign into Webmail.
- On the left navigation menu, click Address Book.
- Click Add Contact.
- Under the General tab, in the box under the Email Address, enter email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Repeat for email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click the Add button.
- If you have enabled "Restrict Incoming Email," also do the following:
- Select Preferences.
- Select "Restrict Incoming Email." If Enable Email Controls is set to Yes, you are restricting incoming emails.
- Select Allow email from the addresses listed below.
- Enter email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click the Add button.
- Repeat for email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Whitelist Earthlink Email:
- Click the Address Book button to open your address book in the browser.
- Click the Add Contact button (if you use EarthLink 5.0 or higher, click the Add button).
- Type in email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org into the email address slot and click OK.
- Repeat for email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Whitelist Verizon.net Email:
- Go to your account and click on the Address Book link in the left column.
- Select Create Contact.
- The Add Address Book Entry screen appears. In the Email field, enter email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the Nickname field, type theWebalyst.com
- Select Save.
- Do the same for email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Whitelist Apple Mail / How to Whitelist OSX:
- First, if an email from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org ends up in your junk folder, highlight or open it and click "Not Junk" at the top of your screen.
- Go to "Mail"> "Preferences."
- Go to "Mail"> "Preferences" Go to the Rules tab
- Select Add Rule
- Give this rule a name such as "Email from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org"
- Create a rule that says, "If any of the following conditions are met: 'From' 'Contains'" and then paste in "icfiles.com or cpass.us"
- Select 'Move message' to mailbox' Inbox from the actions.'
- Click "OK"
How to Whitelist Postini Whitelist:
- Log into your Postini account
- Look at the Junk area
- If you find the email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, check the checkbox to select the email.
- Click the "Deliver Selected" link at the top of the Junk screen
- On the next screen, click the "Approve Sender" checkbox next to the email
- Click the "Approve Selected Senders" button
- Do the same for each email from icfiles.com or cpass.us.
How to Whitelist Appriver.com
- First, go to your login and log in using your administrative credentials.
- Once logged in, click on the "SpamLab" tab at the top.
- Next, click on the "Filters" tab at the top.
- Next, click on "Domains," located on the left. Here you can add and remove domains from your Allowed and Blocked list.
- To add them to the list, click the "Add" button and type in the domain name of the email you wish to add.
- To remove them from the list, click on the check box of the domain you want to remove, then click on the "Remove" button.
How to Whitelist Symantec:
This error indicates that your email was blocked as spam by our Signaturing anti-spam filter. Follow these steps to resolve the issue:
- If the problem persists, contact the recipient by other means and request that your email address be added to Symantec. Cloud-approved senders list. Additionally, you can submit a legitimate email that has been incorrectly given a verdict of spam for analysis and filter review. See False positive submissions to present a false positive message for analysis.
Whitelisting Email in Other Email Applications & Webmail Services
If you use a Web mail system or email application adding the "From" address to your "address book," "safe list," "whitelist," or "contact list" will usually work.
Also, check your "spam," "bulk," or "junk" folder if the email is there. Look for a way to indicate that it is not spam. For example, selecting the email and clicking a button like "Not Spam" or "Not Junk."
Back to Top