eSign Best Practices
We wanted to share some things that we found to make your experience with eSign easier.
- While creating an esignpackage/sending a document to a signer, you will find that a large browser window works best. When using a smaller window like those found on handle-held devices, some buttons are moved and are harder to find. If you are on a smaller device and can't find something, try looking for "X" out buttons to close side windows.
- Do not delete your finished esign files if you have not downloaded your copy of the Signed document and Evidence file and saved them on a hard drive. The signed pdf will not contain the digital evidence of the Signer in printed format.
- While creating an esignpackage/sending a document to a signer works best on Apple laptops using Chrome or Firefox.
- The eSign fee is considered earned when the esignpackage is "Started," so make sure;
- your signers are familiar with eSign technology, and
- the Signer's email addresses are correct before you click "Agree to Terms."
- Do Not Send locked pdf files or previously digitally signed files for esign.
- eSign is turned on for all your Admins.
- $1.50 per transaction, and you can Buy In Bulk at $350 for 1000 transactions.
- First, you will need a document to sign, so upload the document (.doc, .pdf, .odt, and .txt) you need to sign and select do not send an email notification when uploading to ICFiles.com. The eSign widget will send an email notification to your signers.
- On laptops, closing the "File System" window on the left of ICFiles.com will give you more room.
- Select your document on the list page and click the yellow eSign icon.
- Check the box "Agree to Terms" and click START.
- The eSign wizard with open.
- At the top of the Recipients list, you will see an Orange eSign on behalf of, DO NOT use this Signer; it is for email delivery of your document.
- Next, click the first recipient under the orange recipient and click the "Signature" field. This will place your first Signer on the document.
- Move the Signer to the correct location, then add a date for the Signer.
- Then you can add "Recipients +" if you have signers, you need to add to the document that is not Users in ICFiles. Example spouse or child.
10. The Add Recipient box will list fields you can fill out, and once saved, this new Signer will be available to add to the document.
11. Add Authentication. The default authentication is the Signer's email address. SMS will send a one-time text with a code to the Signer's cell phone or ask the Signer a question only the Signer would know, like what month were you born in?
12. Advanced Options. You can add a message or instructions that will be added to the email notice to the Signer. You can add an option to change the Signer by the Signer, and you can authorize eSign to send the Signer a copy via email (not recommended)
13. Once the Signer is saved, you will see them listed in the left Navigation panel.
14. Click on the Signer Name.
15. Click on a field to add to the document, in this case, the signature block. Once the signature block is added, you will notice more fields you can add to the document.
16. John Smith's Name, Signature, and Sign Date have been added to this document. These signing blocks can be resized and moved. They can be placed on the document by clicking the icon or dragging and dropping.
17. A Text Field has been added to the SSN field. They have to be predefined when adding fields like this before clicking the "Send To Sign" button.
18. If you hover your cursor over any signing block, you will see, and Edit Gear appears. You can customize the signing blocks with this Gear Icon.
19. Before you send your document, set reminders. Go to the gear icon.
20. Click the Email Reminders button
21. In this example, we send 1 Reminder every day or four days.
22. You are ready to send your document to the Signer. After clicking "Send to Sign," you can Exit the wizard.
23. Your Signer will get an email notification with a link.
24. When they click "Go to Document," the first page they will see is a OneSpan Consent form. They have to "Accept" the consent, or cancel the esignpackage. There is no refund for this, so make sure your Signer is familiar with eSign.
25. After signing, the Signer can download the documents or get the documents from ICFiles.com. Signers can be ICFiles Users or non-Users.
26. When all signers have signed, both the Sender and the Signers will get email notifications that the esignpackage is complete.
27. All Documents will be returned to the ICFiles account folder.
28. The document will have an ICFiles Audit Trail and a OneSpan sign audit trail called "Evidence.pdf."
29. In some browsers, you might not be able to see the digital evidence. Please download the .pdf and view it in Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader.
30. Below you will see the browser view on the left and the Adobe Acrobat view on the right.