As a SmarterMail User, you may be tasked with becoming a "List Moderator". What that means is that you're the person who manages a mailing list for your organization. Therefore, it's your job to get them set up the mailing list, manage subscribers, manage who can post to the list and much more. If you do become a List Moderator, the Mailing Lists tab in your Settings is where you go to work on those lists.
To access your mailing lists, login to SmarterMail and navigate to the Settings section. Then click on Mailing Lists in the navigation pane. If you've been assigned a mailing list or multiple mailing lists, they'll be displayed on this page with the following:
- List Name - The name of the mailing list.
- List Administrator - The List Moderator's Display Name. As you're managing the lists, this should be you.
- Subscribers - The total number of subscribers for the mailing list.
- Digest Subscribers - The total number of digest subscribers for the mailing list.
Managing Mailing Lists
As a List Moderator you have full control over the various settings for the list or lists, you manage. To see these settings, simply click on the list you want to manage and its options will open.
For information on the tabs listed and the options available, see the information below:
- Options - Configure the mailing list options and permissions
- Subscribers and Digest Subscribers - Add subscribers who will receive the standard mailing list postings or digest emails.
- Posters - Whitelist email addresses or domains who can post to the mailing list
- Banned Users - Prevent specific email addresses or domains from posting to the mailing list
- Messages - Configure the header and footer for postings as well as the replies sent to listserv commands
- Custom Fields - Customize list postings with subscriber custom fields