NOTE: Exchange ActiveSync does not support the corporate calendar or email applications for the Motorola Droid, Droid 2, and Droid X. These phones utilize a special application that does not follow Exchange ActiveSync standards.
Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync is available as an optional add-on to SmarterMail. Unlike the other synchronization methods, Exchange ActiveSync uses direct push technology to sync email, calendars, contacts, tasks, notes, and folders in real-time. Once you have activated the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync add-on and enabled the feature for an email account in SmarterMail, the Android device will need to be configured.
Applies to SmarterMail Enterprise 8.x - 15.x
Follow these steps to connect your Android device to SmarterMail via Exchange ActiveSync:
- On your Android device, navigate to the settings menu.
- Click Accounts & Sync.
- Click Add Account.
- Click Corporate.
- Enter your email address and your password and click Next.
- In the Domain\Username field, enter your username and domain using the following format: \firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your password should automatically be entered. If not, enter it now.
- In the Server field, enter the URL for the webmail interface (webmail.example.com)
- If you are not using SSL, ensure that Use Secure Connection (SSL) is unchecked.
- Click Next and configure your personal preferences for the frequency and amount of data to synchronize.
- Click Next again, and configure your name as well as the connection name and click Done.
Your Android-powered device is now set up to synchronize data using Exchange ActiveSync.