NOTE: Exchange ActiveSync does not support the corporate calendar or email applications for the Motorola Droid, Droid 2, and Droid X. These phones utilize a special application that does not follow Exchange ActiveSync standards.
Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync is available as an optional add-on to SmarterMail. Unlike the other synchronization methods, Exchange ActiveSync uses direct push technology to sync email, calendars, contacts, tasks, notes, and folders in real-time. Once you have activated the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync add-on and enabled the feature for an email account in SmarterMail, the Android device will need to be configured.
Applies to SmarterMail Enterprise 8.x - 15.x
Follow these steps to connect your Android device to SmarterMail via Exchange ActiveSync:
- On your Android device, navigate to the settings menu.
- Click Accounts & Sync.
- Click Add Account.
- Click Corporate.
- Enter your email address and your password and click Next.
- In the Domain\Username field, enter your username and domain using the following format: \email@example.com.
- Your password should automatically be entered. If not, enter it now.
- In the Server field, enter the URL for the webmail interface (webmail.example.com)
- If you are not using SSL, ensure that Use Secure Connection (SSL) is unchecked.
- Click Next and configure your personal preferences for the frequency and amount of data to synchronize.
- Click Next again, and configure your name as well as the connection name and click Done.
Your Android-powered device is now set up to synchronize data using Exchange ActiveSync.
For information on configuring mailboxes to synchronize email, calendars, tasks, and notes using the Exchange ActiveSync technology, please refer to the KB article Configure Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync for Email Accounts.
For information on how to activate Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, please refer to the KB article Activate Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.