Email set up for MS Outlook 2020 for Pop3 or IMAP:
1. Go to File/Account Information Page/Account Settings/Add Account
Type in your email address and click connect - this will set up an IMAP email account
Add your password
You should be able to connect to the server and save your settings
If your account is not successfully set up, go to step 2.
2. Go to File/Account Information Page/Account Settings/Add Account
- Add your email address and click "Advanced Options."
- Click Let me set up my account manually.
- You will now get a list of optional email protocols to choose from.
- POP - Original email protocol. Pop3 will download your email to your local computer and will not keep a copy on the server. Only the inbox syncs with online mailboxes.
- IMAP - Standard Email all mobile devices use IMAP by default. All mailboxes sync with online mailboxes
- Exchange - Exchange offers full sync and sharing of all Outlook resources natively. If you want to use Exchange protocol with our server, please order the Microsoft License here.
- Exchange 2013 or Earlier - This is only used with private Exchange servers.
- Google - you can connect your desktop Outlook to your Gmail.com account.
- Microsoft 365 - Don't use this ( if you have ever used your email address with 365, you will not be able to use any other Exchange services with that email address )
- Outlook.com - Don't use this ( if you have ever used your email address with 365, you will not be able to use any other Exchange services with that email address )
- Note - Smartermail accounts do offer some Pop3 and IMAP Resources Sharing capabilities.
Service2Client recommends secure connections to our email servers.
- Choose POP3 or IMAP, or Exchange - Requires Licenses
- POP - Add email address and password
- IMAP - Add email address and password
- Exchange - Add email address and password
Smartermail Server Addresses:
If Outlook's auto-configuration sets your email server address as mail.youdomain.com
for Pop3 or IMAP, change these settings to the below servers.
Port Setting for manual setup
- Pop3 port 110 TLS / port 995 SSL
- IMAP port 143 TLS / port 993 SSL
- SMTP port 25 TLS (if 25 is closed by your ISP), use 587 TLS / port 465 SSL
Best settings for Outlook IMAP - some Internet service providers will block port 25. If 25 does not work, use port 587. If that does not work, use the SSL encryption method with port 465
Best settings for Pop3 - some internet service providers will block Outgoing port 25. If 25 does not work, use port 587. If that does not work, use the SSL encryption method with port 465